Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blue Vase and Silver Creamer


This is a set up that I bring to my oil workshops. Since I have the compositions all figured out and the objects all in one place I thought I'd do as many of these set ups in watercolor also. All I had to do was run out for the orange. I did this late afternoon yesterday and I may do this one again in a horizontal composition to see if there's something else there. The R-Tis-Tx board is really good for putting on a lot of pigment and layers. It seems to accept more layers without getting dirty looking. Also dries a lot slower so I can move the paint around more than on papers. The paint also comes off easier either at first glance (as soon as you put it down) or after it dries. I did a lot of blotting when the paint was still wet.
"Blue Vase and Silver Creamer", 4x3 inches on R-Tis-Tx board, POR

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

These are all beautiful. I click to enlarge which is where you really get a good look. Nice.