Saturday, February 11, 2012

Yellow Roses in Clear Vase

Sometimes it takes what feels like forever (but actually just days) to figure out what to paint next. I try and keep some inspiring pictures on my desktop or on my virtual desk but somehow they don't mean as much as when I first saw them if I'm just not in the mood. By in the mood I also mean I'm in a place where I'm not affected by outside world and what I think they want me to paint instead of connecting inside and listening to myself. Of course this is not the first or hundredth time this has happened to me or I would say anyone that's reading this. Seems we just have to keep reminding ourselves it's ok to do it our way. Well, long rant about saying that I painted a floral!
"Yellow Roses in Clear Vase", watercolor on board, 4x3 inches

2 comments:

WuXing painter said...

You've asked about publisher in Russia, what kind of book you want to publish? I'll try to help you get some contacts depending on the direction your book has. Dasha

About said...

this is so true. i just posted a little pic of my desk on twitter, then read this!
Also, your website looks great!

jas