Friday, May 20, 2011

Reworking Older Paintings


r

I have been reworking on a few paintings. I think when we make a breakthrough in seeing our own work we can take advantage of our new understanding and go back and look at previous pieces and apply what we've learned. Here are two paintings that I worked on this week. The first one was a matter of adjusting the composition by adding a bottle. The second image was a matter of softening some edges and adding darker tones to the objects.
One thing that has happened in my life that may account for this practice is that I am meeting weekly with some wonderfully generous artists. We have been critiquing each other's work and I'm finding it helpful.

2 comments:

Susan Roden said...

The bottle really made a huge difference Joyce - lovely!

Crystal Cook said...

Joyce, I am so glad that I found your blog. I love your paintings!