Saturday, December 25, 2010

Garlic

Merry Christmas everyone!! We usually visits our kids but circumstances didn't work out this year so I was able to get some painting done. Glad for the time since I've had this garlic on my stand for awhile!
Forgot by now what my original inspiration was for doing garlic (probably saw one during a blog hunt) so I went to local veggie store and spent many minutes pouring over their garlic; touching practically every one in the bin (good thing I finally got over my cold) while my friend patiently waited for me. Then I saw some juicy colored shallots and went through those. When I got home I saw an already half used piece in our bowl and ended up using it for the painting. Guess we've all been through this kinda thing. Hopefully I'll get to the shallot bbefore it turns color!
"Garlic" watercolor on board, 4x3 inches

2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

Joyce, I'm grinning just knowing that other artists do the same thing- pour over the produce section at the grocery to find the most painterly things! ...and sometimes it takes a while to get around to it. Glad you are getting some painting time in. We are traveling this Christmas & I'm wishing I had thrown my little backpack of oils in the back of the van. (What was I thinking??). At least I brought a sketch book!! Merry Christmas to you & your family- I enjoy your blog posts & look forward to the coming year!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

So simple and that's the beauty of it!

I love garlic and have three cloves that dehydrated but never rotted and they're in my studio prop department :D Just as perfect as if they were fresh.