Thursday, September 16, 2010

Got a Richard Schmid video



I've had a Richard Scmid DVD since my birthday (March) and just recently watched it. Nit because I wasn't excited about watching him paint but I like to keep new videos and books aside until I need inspiration. This happens all too often. I'm sure everyone experiences it; just part of the art process. We can't be "on" all the time. Sometimes a bit of slight depression sets in and I can't remember that I have this "jumpstart inspiration" device available to me. I also get extremely bored when my mind isn't busy art thinking. In my defense (not that we have to defend ourselves) I did have quite unusual family responsibilities this year concerning my husband and mother. Anyway, I finally got around to watching the video. I also saw an article about Daniel Keys in Workshop Magazine. Seeing the printed image on top of the video just pushed me over the edge to try a painting in their style. I think mine is a bit like theirs so it wasn;t so much of a push.
It was fun and now my mind is thinking of how to apply it to still lifes.

"Landscape 1030" 3x4 inches oil on board

No comments: