Saturday, March 1, 2008

Landscape #0506

I'm not sure about posting the watercolor I did today. I want to think about it and possibly post it tomorrow. I don't mind posting it if there's something redeemable about it but if it's going to make me feel bad, I'll just wait til I get something I like. Sometimes a minor change will make a big difference. And a fresh eye is needed to make this assessment. Softening some edges or adding a dark or two is what I'll be looking for. Another thing is looking to see if i did something boring like placing two trees same size, same color, same value next to each other.
With watercolor you can't futz around too much or you lose the natural glow of the paper and the paint. Takes working at it (everyday) to get it good.
"Landscape #0506, oil on board, POR

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

You know, I tell myself that every painting cannot be a winner. Go for the watercolor landscape. I'm pulling out my wc's too. Haven't used them in quite a while. Wish ME luck ;)