Wednesday, October 19, 2011

White Onion

Funny thing happened; I have learned how to cut an onion without suffering stinging tears that last for hours! If you use white onions and store them in frig and then put them in freezer for 15 minutes before you cut them and then cut them next to gas stove with burner turned all the way up you won't get any of those fumes in your eyes! I know this is an art blog but since I've been painting onions for weeks now and finally figured out how to do this I figured I'd share this info. Just seems too coincidental not to. Maybe I'm becoming "one" with the onion!
"White Onion", 4x3 inches, watercolor on board

2 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Dear Joyce,
You, my Dear, are one great painter. I just found your blog through Rhonda's and feel very fortunate to have done so.
Your paintings are among the very best watercolors I've seen.
Very impressive, distinctive and evocative.
Brava!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Michael Lange Ocala said...

really enjoy the simplicity of this piece. you somehow make an onion look beautiful when most would choose a more "pretty" food like a strawberry or carrot